Candle Care

    • When burning your Cwtch & Co candle, please burn the candle long enough so that the wax melt pool reaches the sides of the jar before extinguishing the flame. This will allow your candle to burn evenly and to prevent any possible tunneling.
    • Trim your wick to 1/4 inch before every use to prevent smoking & soot build-up on the jar.
    • Burn your candle for no more than 4 hours at a time.
    • Keep the wax free of matches, wick trimmings, or other flammable materials.
    • Burn your candle only on a flat, stable heat-resistant surface for no more than 4 hours at a time.
    • Burn your candle in a well-ventilated room.
    • Keep your soy candle away from drafts, direct heat sources, and out of direct sunlight.
    • Do not move your candle while burning or if the wax is hot.
    • Keep your candle away from drafts.
    • Never leave a burning candle unattended.
    • Keep out of reach of children and pets.
    • Discontinue your candle when only 1/2 inch of wax remains at the bottom.
    • Please read and follow the instructions on the caution label.

    As Cwtch & Co candles are made from 100% soy wax and do not contain any additives, the surface of your candle after the first burn may appear rough or lumpy once it has solidified. This is a typical characteristic and will not affect the fragrance or how your candle burns.

    Soy candles can discolor, fade or even turn yellow when they are exposed to direct and intense light (such as direct sunlight, fluorescent lights, etc). It is best to store your candles away from direct sunlight and intense lights to avoid this. In the event your candle does turn yellow or becomes discolored, do not worry.  The candle's performance and quality will not be affected by this.

    Another unique trait of soy candles is frosting (also referred to as bloom). It is a white crystalline structure that forms on the surface of soy as it is a natural wax. It is not a flaw and will not affect the burn of the candle.

    If you see mushrooming of the candle wick, this is simply carbon buildup and may happen. Please ensure to re-trim your wick to 1/4" before each use.